Dell PowerVault MD1200 300GB 10K SAS 2.5 DPN: 740Y7,0740Y7
Dell branded (non-generic) 300GB SAS HDD for your PowerVault MD1200 storage needs. The 740Y7/0740Y7 is a 300GB 10k RPM SAS 6Gb/s hard drive with tray for use specifically in Dell PowerVault MD1200 direct attached storage (DAS) arrays.
Whether you’re upgrading your Dell PowerVault MD1200 DAS system or simply looking for a replacement hard drive, we have what you need.
If you don’t see the part listed that you’re looking for, please use our contact us form; as we have many parts in inventory that are not listed.
740Y7 – Dell PowerVault MD1200 300GB 10K SAS 2.5″ – 0740Y7, MBF2300RC Features
- Best-in-class enhanced rotational vibration tolerance ensures consistent performance
- Delivers proven reliability, with an MTBF of 1.4 million hours
- Sixth-generation drive technology with SAS interface for 24×7 reliability
- Reduces energy and cooling costs, with the lowest power consumption of any nearline 3.5-inch drive
- Improved power and cooling efficiencies with low power consumption and on-demand PowerChoice™ technology based on T10/T13 power management standards
- Enhanced error correction, super parity and end-to-end SAS-based data integrity for accurate data storage
- Robust performance with dual processor and ramp load technologies
Compatible with the MD1200 series PowerVault system.
PowerVault MD1200 740Y7 300GB SAS HDD Applications
Dell PowerVault MD1200 SAS HDD with part numbers 740y7, 0740Y7 & MBF2300RC is best suited for higher-capacity environments to help realize cost and capacity benefits. Sequential access applications have a tendency to maximize any caching advantages of the storage system, and take advantage of the higher density SAS disk drives.
In these applications, the speed at which the drive can transfer data from the platter has the greatest effect on overall performance. Thus, medium-to-large block and sequential I/O applications can reap the greatest benefits from the drive’s higher area-bit densities.
740Y7 – PowerVault MD1200 300GB SAS Hard Drive Specifications – 0740Y7, MBF2300RC
- :: Interface: SAS 6Gb/s
- :: Capacity: 300GB
- :: RPM: 10,000 RPM
- :: Cache: 128MB
- :: Average Seek Time: 4.5ms
- :: Hot-Swappable: Yes, comes with Dell F830C tray
- :: Form Factor: 2.5″
- :: Other: MBF2300RC, MBF2300RC-DELL, CA07173-B20300DE
Dell PowerVault MD1200 at a Glance – 0740Y7, MBF2300RC
Dell PowerVault MD1200 is the second generation of Dell’s low-cost, high-capacity expansion enclosure that improves density, versatility and performance over previous generation to enhance support for mainstream and capacity-intensive applications.
The PowerVault MD1200 offers seamless expansion for Dell PowerEdge servers with the PERC H810 Host-RAID adapter. It also offers drive flexibility when adding capacity or data tiering to any of Dell’s primary storage arrays.
Versatility and Flexibility for Business Needs – 0740Y7, MBF2300RC
The MD1200 is Dell’s most versatile direct-attached storage expansion enclosure. Featuring support for 2.5 inch drives, as well as the ability to mix 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch enclosures behind a single PERC H810 Host-RAID adapter,the PowerVault MD1200 delivers capacity and performance to support most customer deployments.