Pillar Axiom 600 Storage System
Pillar Axiom Hardware Overview
Pillar Axiom System Components
The Pillar Axiom system provides SAN and NAS connectivity to a common pool of storage. The system is modular. The three major system components are:
- :: Pilot management controller
- :: Slammer storage controllers
- :: Brick storage enclosures Slammers and Bricks communicate using a highly redundant Storage System Fabric (SSF).
Slammers and Bricks have:
- :: Redundant power supplies and fans
- :: Front and back LEDs that provide system and component identification and status
- :: Built-in RAS: reliability, availability, and serviceability
- :: Field replaceable units (FRUs)
The system components fit into a Pillar-supplied rack or a standard D?class 4?post 19?inch rack. Larger configurations require multiple adjacent racks. The Pillar Axiom system continually monitors all hardware components for proper operation and fault status.