- :: We, Tekmart Online (Pty) Ltd, trading as www.tekmart.co.za, respect your privacy, and will never share any personal information (e.g. your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, etc.), recorded on our database with any third party, unless we are compelled to do so by law, or if it is required to complete a business transaction initiated by you (e.g. to give your delivery address to a courier or representative of (tekmart.co.za) in order to deliver your parcel).
- :: Tekmart Online (Pty) Ltd, trading as www.tekmart.co.za may contact you at times regarding promotions and new product releases.
- :: You can opt out of receiving such communications by editing your personal profile.
- :: By visiting www.tekmart.co.za, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Dispute Resolution and Privacy Seals
- :: If you think that we have not followed it in any way, please contact us at Customer Care with an in depth description of your concern and we will try to resolve the issue.
- :: Any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms & Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law.
Information We Collect & How We Use It
- :: When you place an order, or use an online form on our website we need to know your name and other personal information such as your postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (physical contact information, online contact information, demographic data), in order for us to process your request, communicate with you regarding your request or order, and to personalize your account with us.
- :: This data will only be used by ourselves , Tekmart Online (Pty) Ltd, (www.tekmart.co.za), and our agents, as well as any delivery services in order to process and complete your purchase or any transaction with us.
- :: We may also use the information for statistical purposes, and those of monitoring website usage and research in order for us to develop our website.
- :: We may also contact you from time to time, providing you with information about updates and special features of our website, or any special products or services we think may be of interest to you.
- :: You may at any time opt-out of receiving such communications by sending an email to our helpdesk with your request.
- :: If, at any time, you wish to have your information removed from our active database, please send an e-mail with the subject "REMOVE FROM DATABASE" to contact [at] tekmart.co.za.
- :: We will ensure the removal of your information as soon as reasonably practicable.
- :: In addition, our Web server collects access logs containing click-stream data (the pages visitors visit on our website) and HTTP protocol elements (automatic information), which will be used for completion and support of the current activity, website and system administration, research and development.
- :: Information like the Internet Protocol Address (IP) used to connect your computer to the Internet, and to our website, is recorded for security purposes.
- :: The latter data will only be used by ourselves (www.tekmart.co.za) and our agents.
- :: Alphanumeric identifier text files known as “Cookies” are sometimes used on our website to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Security of your information
- :: Access to your account information on our systems is password protected.
- :: We endeavor to take every measure possible to encrypt information you provide to us for purchasing products or services from us.
- :: From your side, always keep your password secret to avoid unauthorized access to your information and account.
- :: We suggest you always sign off by clicking the “log off” link after placing an order or accessing your account with us, to prevent unauthorized access to your password or account.
- :: Once you’ve logged into your account with your username (e-mail address) and password, the session is considered secure, and access to all your account information will be permitted.
- :: You can at any time update your personal information by accessing your account.
- :: This policy is valid for 1 (one) day from the time that it is loaded by a client.
- :: We will never change our policies and practices in a way that will make your information less protected.
Last updated: June 30, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Tekmart Online (Pty) Ltd, Woodhill Office Park, Meyersdal, 1447.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: South Africa
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Tekmart Africa: Data Centre Infrastructure Solutions , accessible from https://tekmart.co.za/
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- :: Email address
- :: First name and last name
- :: Phone number
- :: Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- :: Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- :: Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available here
- :: Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- :: Necessary / Essential Cookies Type: Session Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- :: Functionality Cookies Type: Persistent Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- :: To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- :: To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- :: For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- :: To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- :: To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- :: To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- :: For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- :: For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- :: With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- :: For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- :: With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- :: With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- :: With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- :: Comply with a legal obligation
- :: Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- :: Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- :: Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- :: Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- :: By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- :: By phone number: 0861 711 712
- :: By mail: P.O Box 5798, Meyersdal,1448