Super Micro Backplanes | Risers
These are the Chassis Backplanes Naming Convention for these Supermicro servers.
You will normally find the model of a Supermicro chassis with characters and numbers as depicted below.
- :: SC = Super Chassis (Model Number)
- :: CSE = Super Chassis (Part Number Prefix)
Please note:: (SC and CSE are interchangeable)
The backplane type will be denoted by the 3rd character grouping as in ithe above graphic.
As an example, according to the graphic, the 3rd character grouping is TQ, so in the sample chassis, this will be the:
:: TQ = SAS / SATA with SES2 support
meaning is a backplane for Mobile Rack Chassis.
Backplanes for 3.5" HDD Chassis
- :: H / HD / HQ = Hot-swap MB nodes design
- :: i = No backplane SKU
- :: S / S1 = SCSI (Single-Channel)
- :: S2 = SCSI (Dual-Channel)
Backplanes for 2.5" HDD Chassis
- :: (none) = No backplane design
- :: A = SAS2/SATA3 with iPass direct-attach connection
- :: AC(#) = SAS3/SATA3 & (#) of NVMe drives with Mini-SAS HD or SlimSAS direct-attach connection
- :: E1/E16 = SAS(2)/SATA(3) with 1 expander
- :: E2/E26 = SAS(2)/SATA(3) with 2 expanders
- :: E1C (#) = SAS3/SATA3 with 1 expander & (#) of NVMe drives with Mini-SAS HD or SlimSAS connection
- :: E2C (#) = SAS3/SATA3 with 2 expanders & (#) of NVMe drives with Mini-SAS HD or SlimSAS connection
Backplanes for Mobile Rack Chassis
- :: T = SAS / SATA
- :: TQ = SAS / SATA with SES2 support
- :: TQC = SAS3 / SATA3 with SES2 support
- :: TS = Backplane not installed
- :: TG / G = GPU/Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor optimized